Spellbinding by Maya Gold

SpellbindingSpellbinding by Maya Gold
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

didn't like it it was ok liked it (my current rating) really liked it it was amazing  

I think I'm getting bored of the paranormal stories out there. They're all the same. Or maybe its the young adult stories out there. I find myself enjoying new adult much more than young adult at the moment.

Abbey is a regular sixteen year old. Except with almost no friends. Then she goes to Salem and finds out that she is descended from the Salem witches and she awakens her powers. She tries to make a guy she's crushing on fall in love with her. She gets caught up in spells and hexes. And then there's the boy who knows more about herself than she does.

This book was kind of meh for me. It was okay. It didn't make me want to tear my eyes out. But it wasn't fabulous. And I have to wonder if that is simply my taste in books changing or the quality of the book. I can't say for sure.

I kind of feel bad for giving the book three stars when I'm just not feeling it, but it could simply be that this is not the book for me.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

There's more than one way to be powerful . . .

It is during a routine school project that Abby Silva--sixteen and nearly friendless--makes a startling discovery: She is descended from women who were accused of witchcraft back in 1600s Salem. And when Abby visits nearby Salem, strange, inexplicable events start to unfold. Objects move when she wills them to. Candles burst into sudden flame. And an ancient spell book somehow winds up in her possession.

Trying to harness her newfound power, Abby concocts a love potion to win over her longtime crush--and exact revenge upon his cruel, bullying girlfriend. But old magic is not to be trifled with. Soon, Abby is thrust headlong into a world of hexes, secrets, and danger. And then there's Rem Anders, the beautiful, mysterious Salem boy who seems to know more about Abby than he first lets on.

A reckoning is coming, and Abby will have to make sense of her history--and her heart--before she can face the powerful truth.




Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii