More Than Music by Elizabeth Briggs

More Than Music (Chasing the Dream, #1)More Than Music by Elizabeth Briggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

Publisher: Elizabeth Briggs
Date Published: June 17 2014
Genre: New Adult Rocker Romance
Source: Author

This has got to be the best rocker romance I have read this year, maybe ever.

More Than Music is told about a geeky, secretly guitar loving girl, and her journey entering the music world as the newbie in a band. Villain Complex, the band, is made up of Maddie's friend Kyle, Hector, and Kyle's older brother Jared. Jared has a tendency of sleeping around, and once he hooked up with the bassist of the band had things went downhill. Now, two days before Villain Complex is to audition on the reality TV show The Sound to compete for a record deal and a chance to go on tour, the bassist up and leaves.

Jared happens to find Maddie playing his guitar in the band's studio. And even better, she's playing his songs. Maddie is offered a chance of a lifetime, if only she'll take the leap of faith and leave her perfectly safe world behind. The one condition to joining the band? Maddie can't hook up with Jared. Sparks have been flying between the two since they met, but when they finally burn, will they bring everything down with them?

I have to say, I was entranced by this book. Maybe because it was so relatable. The geekiness to Maddie was adorable. And the songs were from a variety genre's and ages, you couldn't not know them. It blended so well together, the author really knew what she was doing when she wrote this book. I mean really, geeky rock stars? Genius! But to actually pull it off? It was awesome.

Maddie was a great character, and I could definitely put myself in her shoes. Jared wasn't as relatable, but he made up for it in other area, like being driven, and having reason for wanting to succeed. I loved Kyle and Hector, they fit so well, and Dan was great too. Angel was... well, a bit of a diva, a real prim donna. Overall the characters were fabulous.

I think it was the mix of music that I know and love, and the geeky rock stars that really made this book. The author's writing was fantastic, the story flowed and it was an overall great book. Even Playing Games by Jessica Clare couldn't match just how perfect this book was, and that was a pretty freaking good book. It was probably the closest book to this one.

I can't wait to see what happens next. It'll be a torturous wait for me, but it'll be worth it.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

Music major Maddie Taylor seems to have her life all figured out. She’s just finished her junior year of college, has a summer internship lined up with the LA Philharmonic, and plans to go to grad school to write movie scores. Only her roommates know she practices guitar every night and secretly dreams of a louder life. But geeky girls like her don't get to be rock stars.

Tattooed singer Jared Cross has a new girl every week, but when he catches Maddie playing one of his songs, she attracts his attention in an unexpected way. His band needs a fourth member for The Sound, a reality TV show competition—and he wants her. Though Maddie refuses to be another notch on Jared’s bedpost, she agrees to risk everything for the chance to be a rock star.

Once on the show, Maddie discovers there’s more to Jared behind his flirty smile, and with each performance their attraction becomes impossible to ignore. When the show pressures Jared to flaunt his player image, they’re forced to keep their relationship secret, but Maddie can’t help but want something real.

As the competition heats up, Jared will do whatever it takes for his band to win, and Maddie must decide if following her dream is worth losing her heart.





Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii